I've been writing about food and drink in Swansea for over three years, and decided it would be fun to try a printed magazine - offering quality food and drink content including foodie news, restaurant reviews, opinion pieces, recipes and more.
At the end of the day we all spend too much time on the internet or staring at screens in general, and it is always a refreshing change to be able to read something that doesn't rely on a WIFI connection.
I've worked hard on the first issue, making sure it's packed with quality content, including:
- A passionate look at vegetarianism by local chef and cookery teacher Danny Rees
- Austerity Bites - a hunt for lunch under a fiver in Swansea city centre
- Life in the Kitchen, with Paul Davies - owner and chef at Fairyhill
- Beer writer Alex Jones asks the question - is the Mumbles Mile back?
- Head brewer at the Mumbles Brewery, Rob Turner, reveals the story behind one of his brews
- Four honest reviews of restaurants in and around Swansea
- And competitions to win a Mumbles Brewery gift set and a cookery book worth £25!
That's a lot to get through!
You can pick up your FREE copy at pretty much any good quality restaurant, cafe, pub or hotel in and around Swansea, Gower and Llanelli. If you can't get hold of one, get in touch and we'll point you in the right direction.
Feel free to get in touch with me if you want to submit an idea for something we should cover, or if you want to advertise in the next issue.